Don’t know squat about squats? Here’s 5 reasons to get your squat on RAgers! Radical Aging means not taking the downhill aging slide, but fortifying yourself with an arsenal of healthy aging weapons and the squat is one of those weapons. So get your squat on.
1. Squats are a low impact exercise that anyone can do using your own body weight. In other words, you can do them anywhere, any time because you’ve always got your equipment with you.
2. Squats increase circulation and help digestion. All that up and down motion gets your blood moving, which in turn makes the digestive juices flow.
3. Squats build muscle, and the more muscle you have, the more calories you will burn.
4. Squats tone your backside, in other words, help you get a great looking butt. Need I say more?
5. Squats make everyday activities easier. They increase mobility and help you balance. And, this one’s for my lady friends, dangling over a toilet gets much, much easier. I’m in Europe for 3 months, and I have run into more than a few of these. Believe me, I’m glad I get my squat on.
Here’s a great place to learn about how to properly do squats. The most important element of this is never, ever let your knees go past your toes. Ouch! Very bad for them. Doing them properly, however, can make your knees stronger.
Know someone who needs to get their squat on? Please share using the easy buttons below and don’t hesitate to let us know if you’re getting your squat on!